[pct-l] Burned Trail

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:00:11 CST 2007

Does anyone have numbers on how many miles of the trail have been damaged by fires and floods in the past couple of years?  Because of high gas prices and a falling stock market, this doesn't seem like a good time to drive to Canada and Alaska, as we intended, so we're looking for alternates for next year.  The PCT would be easy on Jim's knees, which is a consideration, and it has been seven years since we last hiked it, so it would be a somewhat different experience from last time.  However, if a lot of the trail is closed or seriously damaged that would affect our enjoyment of the trail - I find burn zones pretty depressing after a while.  So - any numbers of how much damage has been done and where?

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/