[pct-l] Dog help

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 15:10:47 CST 2007

Oh my gosh!  I'm so glad you posted Robert!  I'll be hiking with my #6 Maltese.  He LOVES to hike and he too would be far happier on the trail than without me....no matter what!  I'm devising a carrier for him that attaches to the shoulder straps of my pack- in the front.  I'll be carrying him most of the way.  When I have more time, I'll tell you my other plans for keeping him cool and his sleeping bags, etc!  Now we can both get flamed together!  I've already heard so much negative!

"Robert W. Freed" <robert at engravingpros.com> wrote: I'll be hiking with my dog this year and I was looking for any helpful "hiking with dog" tips. Before the flaming starts; Lucky is a retired five year old working sheep dog who is used to running all day. I can tell when he's tired or sore. I know about the NP no dogs rule. He would be far happier on the trail than without his master for several months.

  Robert