[pct-l] no cook trail food

V Hurst vjl_47 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 12:05:16 CST 2007

Janet,
wow that worked? Black duct tape..that is a great idea....
thanks,
vera

I dehydrated lots of home-made lentil soup with brown rice and spinach, then
ground it to powder in the blender. This worked well when I boiled water to
add to it, but also when I put it with cold water in a plastic peanut butter
jar I'd wrapped with black duct tape and then carried it in the net pocket
on the back of my pack (Gossamer Gear G4) for a few hours to heat from the
sun.
I did the same 2 methods with dehydrated & powdered mashed sweet potatoes
with sweet spices (cinnamon, ginger, orange rind)  to which I then added
peanut butter along with the water. Yummy!
(Yes, I'm a vegan.)

Janet