[pct-l] Sundowner boots

V Hurst vjl_47 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 14:11:34 CST 2007

Jack,
That would have been about the time I believe that the moved their operation to an Asian country or moved it back not sure and retailers didn't really know where the boots were coming from...at least that is the spin/story I was told...I worked for a major outdoor retailer at the time and then moved to a small high end type outdoor store and they decided not to carry them until they were assured in about 2004 or so that they were being made in Italy again...boot issues can be so aggravating and hike interupting for sure... I see that you did finish your hike despite the boot issue :)

My experience with the blisters happened in 1998 (gack a long time ago!!) and I threw the boots OUT as soon as I got home...luckily I have hiked a few more miles since then.  Until I discovered the Montrails I ALWAYS had blisters...managed to move them to the toes and away from the heels so at least hiking wasn't SO bad.. :) My favorite hike was in a pair of La Sportiva trail runners and the whole time I kept telling everyone it was like hiking in slippers..down side was that the soles of my feet hurt cuz I was carrying too much weight! I'm learning...:) haven't had a blister since...:) and probably cut a couple of pounds of pack weight since..

vera