[pct-l] ANDY SKURKA finishes 6875 mile Great Western Loop....correcction

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Nov 8 21:51:14 CST 2007

Greg,
At under 209 days, including resupplies and zeros, that equates to an
average of 33 miles  per day on a trail that requires much bushwacking,
trail finding or blazing.
Yes, Andy is quite an amazing athlete, one of our premire fastpackers and
one of the nicest guys you could ever meet on the trail.
Andy is a perfect example, and so are Scott, Brian, Tattoo Joe and numerous
other fastpackers,  how far the ultra-lite revolution has advanced to allow
hikers to travel faster and farther with less wear and tear on the body.
I take my hat off to Andy, Scott, Brian, Tattoo Joe, and all the other
ultra-lite fastpackers or speed hikers, they are truly amazing athletes and
the pioneers of the ultra-lite revolution.

JMT Reinhold
Long live the Revolution

Greg wrote:.....Wow!  That's almost 1000 miles per month. Or slightly more
than 30 miles per day. Every dayfor 7 month!
Amazing!