[pct-l] Shoes/boots

Ryley Breiddal ryleyb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:46:06 CST 2007

New Balance 810AT.  Good balance of breathability and "not filling up
with sand".  Definitely dead after 450-500 miles (mine had a tendency
to blow out around the big toe at that point).  Fine tread, light
weight, available in all those good wide sizes (which was necessary
for me by Big Bear City).

I also used New Balance 873/872.  I found that they filled up with
sand too quickly in the desert, but they have been great in the rain -
fast drying and won't fill up with mud.