[pct-l] Highwalker's whereabouts

Tom Bache tbache at san.rr.com
Thu May 10 13:36:39 CDT 2007

I'm not a frequent poster, but the thread about the stilts guy (Highwalker)
seen in the recent Communicator has caught my interest and maybe many others
(kudos to the Communicator editor). Last Sunday morning I met this stilts
guy hiking into Warner Springs with his wife and son.  The stilts were
either missing or worn down to tiny nubs (neglected to ask -- at the time I
thought the things in his  hands were hiking poles). They were very happy to
have finished Section A and eager to scout out the breakfast buffet.  So I'm
thinking that Bighummel is wrong about the cannibals eating Squatch's
clowns. Instead, they must have released him (neglected to ask about that
too), but probably kept the stilts in their tiny car.  Keep a sharp lookout
-- if you catch them we may be able to return the stilts to their rightful
owner (assuming you can figure out how to get the stilts out of the tiny
car).

Tom
San Diego