[pct-l] Brian Robinson wins Barkley 100 super endurance marathon

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu May 3 13:02:51 CDT 2007

_brian.robinson at sbcglobal.net_ (mailto:brian.robinson at sbcglobal.net)   writes:

One  clarification I'd like to make. The Barkley course won this year, not
me.  There were no finishers. I was the only person to complete 4 loops and the
only person to start the 5th and final loop, so I beat all the humans, but at
 Barkely, that's not the same thing as winning. Since 1986 there have only
been  6 finishers. I'm hoping to be the 7th. Maybe next  year.

Boy, do I know how Brian feels when  you put your all into an expedition.
Not knowing how it will turn out or  even if you will survive.  That is exactly
how I felt on the 1.5 mile PCT  Warner Springs Loop expedition.  I shed a few
tears, but I made it about 30  minutes behind my trail partners back to the
golf course snack bar.  That  includes my 300 yard hitchhike pick up to the golf
course parking  lot.

Say, the doctor told me today that  my knees were not too bad.  Now I have to
get the leg muscles checked out  and some blood work done.  I should be ready
for my Yo-Yo-Yo of the PCT  soon.

Your pal, Switchback the Trail  Pirate