[pct-l] Free Gear at the Kickoff Pirate Table

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 14:30:53 CDT 2007

AsABat writes: This year's hikers should be very glad the trail pirate is dumping his excess gear at ADZ and not just dumping stuff along the trail like he did to TrailDad and me as we were heading to ALDHA-W in 2005. Usually my pack gets lighter each day, but not that trip.
This a true statement.  My hiking partner, Can'tQuit, and I left copious amounts of signs and party favors along the trail for TrailDad and AsABat.  We promised them burgers and fries, malts, and many other goodies would be provided by us to them as we hiked ahead.  Being honorable professional backpackers, we kept our promise!

We left them $5.00 gift cards to McDonald's and other fast foods with greeting signs tied to trees along the trail.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.  What a scam.  What a ploy.  It was too rich. They were pretty upset when they final caught up with us.  It was worth it.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I might try this again on some unsuspecting hikers, since it was so successful that time.

Switchback the Trail Pirate
"Your Fast Food Gourmet Service Provider"