[pct-l] Light Weight Umbrella

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 06:07:09 CDT 2007

This looks like the lightest hiking  umbrella I can find.  This is not bad at
all at under 5 ounces, but it  still does not have a wind vent at the top.  A
wind vent at the top of the  umbrella would be a very good feature.  Go to:

_moontrail.com/snow-peak-ultra-light-umbrella.php_
(http://moontrail.com/snow-peak-ultra-light-umbrella.php)

I think the gray color would be  best.  There might be some minor
modifications to the handle to make it a  little lighter.  You might get it down to 4.5
ounces.

Currently, I use the GoLite Chrome  Dome, but it weighs in at around 10
ounces.  The GoLite website says it is  8 ounces, but that is not what my model
weighs.  May be a newer model is  lighter.

The only hiking umbrella I have  seen with a wind vent at the top is at
REI.com, but it weighs around a  pound.

I think I will get the SnowPeak umbrella, so I can bust people's chops down
at the April Kickoff about how heavy their umbrella is.  At least, those  who
have umbrellas.

Your Shady Pal,  Switchback