[pct-l] Traversing the Sierra

William Skaggs weskaggs at primate.ucdavis.edu
Sat Mar 24 11:23:38 CDT 2007

It's hard for me to understand the mindset of wanting to get
through the High Sierra as quickly as possible.  You're going
to be on the trail for six months, with plenty of long boring
stretches -- why blast through the best part so fast you won't
have time to look at it?  It makes more sense to carry a reasonable
amount of food and resupply at Kearsarge.  (As far as I can see,
most people end up doing that anyway, even if they originally
plan otherwise.)

Best wishes,

  -- Bill

PS, for the last two years the High Sierra has not been the
"best part", because of all the snow, but this year is looking
very different.

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu