[pct-l] hang method, canisters, THE map

bharve at dslextreme.com bharve at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 23 17:27:49 CDT 2007

Rodney,

Thanks!  I was not aware of having reinvented the "PCT method', or of the
backpackinglight web page.  Pictures describe the method much better!

I can see that using a carabiner will make setup both easier and faster,
and enable putting the toggle a bit higher, thus getting the bear bag
higher.  Folks using the method might try a lakspur in place of clove
hitch for attaching the toggle.  Larkspur is definitely easier and faster
if using rings.

geezer

RodneyL

> This is essentially the "PCT Method" described at
> http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/bear_bag_hanging_technique.html
-- Rodney