[pct-l] On Monte

Tom Reynolds tomreynolds_ilan at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 13:27:22 CDT 2007

I believe that Monte is being called an asshole because he posted that he considers advocating the non-use of a canister as unethical ans had produced written proof that non-use is illegal and traversing the Sierra section of the PCT is legally impossible without a canister.

  Welcome to the club Monte.

  I think Monte's phrasing of what is unethical is very appropriate.

  In fact it was the advocation of thruhikers to non-thruhikers to stop using bear canisters that, in 2003, caused me to turn against thruhikers (and cease attending ADZPCTKO). If someone chooses to break the law, that's h/er problem and has a small effect. However, if someone advocates breaking the law it has a much larger effect.

  Ken appears to be a lurker on the list.

Carl & Judy Rush <elisenme2 at gmail.com> wrote:
  Monty,

Who is this Ken guy, I don't seem to get his postings ? Maybe I blocked
him awhile ago. Maybe you should too.
Carl

On 3/23/07, montypct wrote:

> This is pretty sad Ken