[pct-l] Denatured alcohol... safest of the unsafe?

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Thu Mar 22 02:03:40 CDT 2007

Well, I was responding to the price, but on the topic of safety, oh, I dunno
... I think a ring of small flames very well may be safer than an open top
stove which can send a large flame in any direction with a bit of wind.

I'm guessing this since I have both types and have seen how the flames
differ.  My observation is that the whitebox flame ring is much more
controlled, less chaotic.

Do you have the whitebox, have you seen one in action?