[pct-l] Bear Experts Please Answer

stillroaming pct at delnorteresort.com
Wed Mar 21 16:17:52 CDT 2007

No conjecture or opinion please! A response from someone who is truly
qualified would be *greatly* appreciated.

Why are bears/humans a problem in very specific parts of the Sierras and not
the Pacific Northwest?

I know you experts are lurking out there. Why is one such a problem and the
other is not? Is it an enlightened population? Genetically disimilar bears?
Food supplies? Policy? Media disparity? Equating bears to humans?

Here's a perfect opportunity to educate us all. I for one would love to
know.

Thanks!
Scott Parks