[pct-l] Bear Canisters / sierra bears vs. PNW bears

Steve Courtway scourtway at bpa-arch.com
Wed Mar 21 14:45:57 CDT 2007

Another theory that comes to mind is food availibility.  The PNW has alot of
berries for instance, and lots of berries make for a very docile bear.  The
sierra on the other hand is a much more arid bear habitat, making it tougher
for the bears to forage bountifully, thusly more likely to seek out the easy
target that is unprotected human food.

s.c.