[pct-l] Odor Protection Sacks?

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:43:41 CDT 2007

On 3/21/07, Mark Jernigan <footslogger03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> What makes the OP sacks so special.  Wouldn't a 1 or 2 Gallon Freezer
> Strengh Ziplock work just about as well ??
> 'Slogger

FWIW:

ALOKSAK(r) is an element-proof storage bag that prevents leakage and
preserves items against damage from water, air, dust and humidity.
OPSAK makes all of the same claims, but in addition provides a barrier
film that is 100% odor-proof.
<<<<<

http://www.watchfuleyedesigns.com/index.cfm?do=aboutProducts

Backpackergeartest.org has some reviews.  I'd post the link, but the
site seems to be locked up right now.

I think the key is '100% odor-proof'.  I doubt that a freezer bag
could make the same claim.

I would never do it, but if I were going to play bear can scofflaw,
I'd use a multi-OPSAK strategy instead.