[pct-l] JMT Record Challenge Announcement

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue Mar 20 11:26:21 CDT 2007

Switchback said:
"I have decided to set the most supported JMT hiking record.  ...  I don't plan on going over 12 miles per  day."

I think you should drop your miles per day to about 6...
Be sure to add in a few layover days, too...
That way it should take approximately a month and a half to cover the JMT...

The records for "most supported" and "longest (yet continuous) time" would be yours...
Plus you could automatically create even more - "most food consumed while hiking the JMT", etc.
Why just shoot for a single record - go multiple!

If you time it correctly and go sobo on the JMT, you should see ALL the nobo thrus (except those that stay on the PCT from Reds to Thousand Island Lake or take alternate routes)...

Go for it!  Happy trails!!!  to Switchback the Supported Slacker  ;-)