[pct-l] rash in groin area

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Mar 18 21:46:09 CDT 2007

I disagree about wearing spandex tights - they tend to hold in the
moisture.  I wore them for two years and got rashes I fought until I got
rid of the tights.  Cotton would be better if you want to wear tight
shorts.  They breathe while spandex/nylon didn't for me.

The main thing is to have air moving through the nether regions.  Wash
at least once a day and use anti-bacterial handiwipes once a day, more
if a problem starts to develop.  Wash a couple times a day.  I beat back
rash encoachment by rinsing the groin area every couple hours and
handiwipin before bed...

Jeff Olson
Martin, SD, where there ain't no mountains...