[pct-l] Pie-o-neer Mail Dessert Ground

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Mar 18 21:09:29 CDT 2007

I work at Oglala Lakota College, with Lakota people, and their culture
is in part based in the seven sacred laws or virtues...

#  1) Wacante Oganake,   "To help, to share, to give, to be generous."
# 2) Wowaunsila,             "Compassion."
# 3) Wowauonihan,         "To Repect, to Honor."
# 4) Wowacintanka,        "Patience and Tolerance."
# 5) Wowahwala,            "To be Humble, To Seek Humility."
# 6) Woohitike,               "To be Guided By Your Principles,
Disciplined, Bravery and Courage."
# 7) Woksape,                "Understanding and Wisdom."

I think old Switchback made a Freudian slip by labeling himself a
"trial" pirate.  If we judge a person good by their actions, and whether
or not there is a core set of principles guiding said actions, then I
think that our friend is telling us he is aware of the importance of
guiding principles, and that he is in his trial period.  He's trying out
all of the above - you can see all seven in his posts, especially his
seeking humility - his sense of humor.  And generosity and sharing and
giving - no one else I know has ever offered me a stale pie...

I for one applaud the presence of this person on this listserv, and
while I've never met him, have come to appreciate that there is an
ethics guiding how he treats us all...

Jeff, just Jeff...