[pct-l] Canada permit

c.engberg at cox.net c.engberg at cox.net
Sun Mar 18 16:01:36 CDT 2007

Your sort of right... though it is probably best to just write in capitals
depending on the permits meaning of 'block letters'. According to wikipedia:

On official forms, when one is asked to write one's name, the request is
usually made to write entirely in capital letters (block letters). This is
because cursive handwriting, and especially signatures, can be hard to
read. It is often misconstrued that one must write in capital letters
when writing in block letters. Contrary to popular belief, and requests
from Treasury, block letters can be written in both upper and lower case, at
the writer's discretion. Cases such as Fossil Inc v The Fossil Group
involving patents, trademarks and registration of designs clearly indicate
that block letters may comprise of either lower or upper case.
But I think it is probably best to just write in all capitals...

-Chris