[pct-l] Testing the waters

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Sun Mar 18 12:50:58 CDT 2007

I'm 45 yers old with back problems,    I'm 59 with arthritis and fibromyalgia...I can relate.

A couple of key points I need a good soft pad so I can move in the mornings,   For the same reasons as above, I use a self inflating. To keep weight down, mine is 3/4 length.

So 3.5 lb internal frames?  I had a heavy Dana pack and bought a lighter Kelty Shadow at 3# 10 ozs.  Larger than I need at 4500 capacity.
I'm obviously not an ultra-light, but my way works for me. Hope you find one that makes your journey as pleasant as possible  :)  Enjoy the list and the trail.

are we there yet