[pct-l] Class of 2007...fuel canisters

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 16 21:37:03 CDT 2007

Some other places that had canisters in 2006.

Muir Trail Ranch
Tuolumne Meadows - but they may not be stocked yet if you're early.
Sierra City

As for shipping canisters. I have had to convince postal service employees
on occasion that they are legal to ship via surface mail. Download a copy
of USPS publication 52, http://pe.usps.gov/cpim/ftp/pubs/Pub52/pub52tc.pdf,
and bring it to the post office with you so you can show them the
regulations. Be persistent in a nice way. I've never had a problem in a
trail town.

I would also suggest mailing the canisters by themselves, don't put them in
your resupply box. Parcel post surface mail has very low priority so it can
take a long time to get there. If it doesn't show up then you've only lost
the fuel canister, not all your supplies. I learned that the hard way,
having a resupply box arrive a month late.

Frank