[pct-l] Stove for Southern CA PCT

cmkudija at ca.rr.com cmkudija at ca.rr.com
Thu Mar 15 17:36:53 CDT 2007

Considering how dry it is this year, I think you're better off with the
cartridge instead of the liquid fuel stove.   I would think that this would
minimize your chances of starting a (very, very dangerous) chaparral fire.

BTW, husband Igor and I use an MSR Pocket Rocket with various cartridges and
love it.   We've thought about playing around with the alkie stoves, but the
cartridge option works so well for us that we've simply not gone there.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but showy,
white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in terminal
or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
                                                               Philip A.
Munz
                                                               A California