[pct-l] Class of 2006 PCT DVD

Ryan Christensen yosemiteryan at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 23:57:11 CDT 2007

Hello fellow PCT'ers:

  I thought I would give you an update on the 2006 DVD. Just today I finished up the final encoding for Oregon. All I have left is the final section: Washington. What a journey! On many different levels, I feel as though I have not left the trail. I am still on it, working my way North second by second, day by day.

  I am pleased with the DVD, I hope that all of you will be too. So many have submitted simply amazing photographs-- thank you all! Overall, the pictures in the DVD are stunning.

  Here is the DVD by the numbers:

  I had about 35 people send me pictures
  I received about 24,000 pictures
  I selected about 5300 images

  The final DVD has about 600 images
  I reviewed about 5 hours of video representing about 200 individual clips
  The DVD is 83 minutes long
    I have lost count the numbers of hours I worked on the DVD. Lets just say it has been my life this winter.
  The DVD will be shown Saturday the 28th of April at the Kickoff.

  If you would like a copy of the DVD you may send me an email with your address and I will ship one to you. Everyone who would like a copy will receive one. There is no charge, however I will accept donations to help defray the cost of production. I will start mailing out DVD's the middle of April.

  Important: If you are a '06er and have already submitted your address to Weathercarrot, you are already in. This call is for everyone else.

  Again, I offer a deep thanks to all of you for taking amazing shots of the trail and of each other. I have been with all of you through this long desert winter.

  ProDeal

  Ryan Christensen
  PO Box 526
  Death Valley, CA  92328