[pct-l] RE wads, clusters, and pods

Adam Bradley tooloouk79852 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 16:44:07 CDT 2007

Hello everybody!  El Monstro here chimi changa
chime-ing in on wads, clusters, and pods on trail.  I
prefer to use these three terms, because they give a
better visual than the term herd.  Plus it is always
fun to use new terminology like- moisture vapor
transfer rate.
As far as parties on trail I would like to see a big
hiker cluster, pod or wad gathering out at Fat Man's
compound near the LA aquaduct.  It is evidently a lot
like burning man with DJ's (even DJ Dan my favorite)
lots of psychadelics, maybe some senoritas, plenty of
camping and a break from that desert stretch.  Fat Man
is very accomodating and encourages wild behavior.
and nothing like that driving boom-boom-boom all night
long while trying to sleep out of doors.  Ever watched
a wad, cluster or pod try to keep it together with a
head full of psychadelics?  That wad, cluster or pod
won't be clustered much longer.  It will burst apart
and fan out all over after a good rowdy weekend at Fat
Man's digs.  I think taking in a Rave at Fat Mans
should be the new PCT trail tradition as well as we
should no longer use the term herd and upgrade to wad,
cluster or pod (like belugas).  You know it is pretty
funny reflecting on wads, clusters and pods, because I
don't think I can do crowds any more.  Just not my
thing.  However a wad of folks on psychadelics
convulsing to throbbing tribal rythms so loud you can
hardly swallow!  YEE HAW!  Some liberal sprinkling of
Aerobic Oxygen.  I just noticed someones posting used
the term clump which I really like!  Keep up the good
work.... EL MONSTRO