[pct-l] The 10 Ounce Backpack and 30 Pound Load

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 15:31:04 CDT 2007

_armchairhiker at gmail.com_ (mailto:armchairhiker at gmail.com)   writes:

I have a 10 ounce GG pack that should carry 25-30 lbs.  -  armchair

------------------------------
I like my GoLite Breeze (Ray Jardine) pack at 18  ounces.  It is only rated
at 20 pounds maximum load.  I like the  20-pound restriction to keep my honest.
 It makes me stay under that  limit.  This is good.  That is why I have to
have water carrying  system other than a backpack.  Everything works out fine
for  me.

If I had a 30-pound limit, I would carry 28 pounds in the  backpack.  I guess
I am just weak when it comes to throwing in some extra  stuff if I can.  :-)

I could get a pack that is rated at  20-pounds and the pack weighs 6 ounces.
May be I will do that someday and  save over 3/4 pound in gear weight.  That
is huge.  See _www.mountainlaureldesigns.com_
(http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com)   Prophet pack.  I should get one for the upcoming April Kickoff.
Then I could bust everyone's chops about how light my pack is and how much  I can
carry.

Cheers, Switchback

http://www.aol.com.