[pct-l] The Herd is a FACT...

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 00:21:33 CDT 2007

In a message dated 3/14/2007 12:03:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wandering_bob at comcast.net writes:

Personally, I feel the new class should take the responsibility on
themselves to do their own research via forums, trail journals, etc. rather  than
depending on the KO. Things like the location and schedule for water  caches can be
posted on the myriad of forums and at PO's, and trail angels'  along the
route.

Although the Kick Off may have good info, personally I'd never wait until  20
miles into the trail to figure it out.  That's what this list is  for.  While
water caches are certainly a mighty fine gesture, you'd have to  be nuts to
depend on them, that's what the databook is for.

Carl's posted dates of hikers leaving the KO and getting back on the trail,
pretty much dispelled the myth of the KO causing clump.  It's the  numbers...

Sly
http://www.aol.com.