[pct-l] Moving this herd discussion to the kickoff

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 00:01:00 CDT 2007

In a message dated 3/14/2007 12:13:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
csxii at schizoaffective.org writes:

How is  this problem delt with on the AT?

----------------------------------

It's just dealt with.  There're hostels that have up 20-30 people or  more
almost every night for two months.  Most charge, especially if a meal  is
involved, usually breakfast.  I feel bad for the people at the post  office in
Warner Springs but PO's on the AT, especially in the South deal  with 1000's  and
the towns aren't very big.

As a hiker, it's a little overwhelming, but you can find space and to a
certain degree solitude.  IMO, the PCT is similar since the window is  narrower,
but it's no worse.  I guess that's why, I prefer the CDT of the  three.

If all goes well, i will be hiking the PCT again next year.   I'll be
starting towards the end of April regardless of the Kick Off.

Sly

Sly
http://www.aol.com.