[pct-l] Fw: ADZ Location?-Appology

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:58:43 CDT 2007

It has been pointed out to me in a friendly way by a nice person on this list that the below post I made may have been offensive to some of those on the list making constructive alternative suggestions to reduce the size of the herd.  I appologize to those I have offended.  I am often oblivious to my own behavior.

I still believe that the herd is a big problem, like EVERYONE else I've talked to.  I also see the Kick Off, as is, and it's purpose as the solution to many other problems that would be bigger without it.  As a hiker, I have received and continue to receive great benefits from what it offers.  The organizers are people who I want to be like when I grow up.  They have a genuine concern and spend many thankless hours to "help the hiker", and, also, they very much address, and perform services to reduce the herd problem.  I believe the Kick Off, its location, format, and timing are as good as good it gets to help the most hikers in the best way possible.

Changing the Kick Off?  It changes from within.  Amongst those many people doing the work, the organizers, one person.......... one vote.  Performing volunteer services within the organization is the most powerful way I can think of to make improvements.

Again, my appology, and I hope I have expressed myself in a more acceptable manor.

Warner Springs Monty