[pct-l] Avoiding the Herd: Go Southbound

Francis Tapon ft at francistapon.com
Mon Mar 12 20:47:00 CDT 2007

Donna Saufley wrote: "I've never been against the ADZ party & hiker reunion
per se, I'm against it being a starting event that bunches too many starters
on and around a specific weekend."

Donna's email reminded me why I went southbound last year. In fact, I wrote
an article about it:

http://www.francistapon.com/pct/why.htm

I loved staying with the Saufley's, taking both of them out to dinner, and
having plenty of one-on-one time with them to really get to know these
generous souls. Maiu and I had their guest house to ourselves. (Picture of
them here: http://www.francistapon.com/pct/SoCA.htm)

Finally, for those who want to learn more about going Sobo, I still have 7
more REI presentations to give this month in the SF Bay Area and Oregon. The
schedule is on my website.

Happy trails,

Francis Tapon
Learn about my book, Hike Your Own Hike: 7 Life Lessons from Backpacking
Across America, at: http://www.FrancisTapon.com