[pct-l] Jansport D-3

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Fri Mar 9 08:39:43 CST 2007

Ah Tortise, your A-16 & my Alpenlite: both were made in CA; both are external
frame; both stand up by themselves; both weigh only 5 lbs, lighter that most
large, frameless packs to this day; and both are bombproof. Mine proudly hangs
on the wall, for those old memories, such as hitting all 25 or so NH and ME
peaks, at or above treeline, from Hanover thru Whitecap with a view in at least
one direction. The one I thought I'd missed, was a false peak; while eating
lunch the fog cleared, and there was the real peak, with a 4-direction view.
    There was nothing like them until  Bruce Warren's LuxuryLite: stands up
by itself; weighs only 2 lbs; made in TX; but not bombproof. I'll take the 2
lbs; I used to carry <33 lbs; now I'm <23 lbs; and this year I think I'll
stumble off Bouquet Cyn Rd at <21 lbs -  all weights include a full sized camera,
now digital instead of optical, of course.

Bob "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of Texas

http://www.aol.com.