[pct-l] Backpacking meals

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 20:33:30 CST 2007

Backpack foods

As a twenty year plus veteran in the field of food and beverage and many
years of backpacking including thru-hiking, where I have created my own
foods, I feel I am qualified to post on this subject.  I have been
everything from a dishwasher and a soda jerk at 14 to management and
consulting.  I have spent my life in restaurants, hotels, institutions,
banquet halls, night clubs and on catering sites.  I have opened
restaurants, created menus in various cuisines and created my own award
winning recipes.  I could list my qualifications for hours.  I am considered
an expert in the field.

Read very closely.

This is what I do.

I boil two cups of water, add Lipton Noodle Sides, eat, sleep and hike the
next morning............... I hike.
Warner Springs Monty