[pct-l] Transportation from PCT to San Jose area

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 21:39:10 CST 2007

I am considering visiting a friend in Menlo Park, CA(close to San
Jose) along my way up the PCT. Somewhere between Tuolumne Meadows and Sonora
Pass seems to allow for the shortest distance from the PCT to Menlo Park. I
might be able to have my friend come meet me at the PCT but, if not, is
there any busline or other public transportation available?
HWY 120 runs through Toulumne Meadows, what is the possiblity of hitching
along this road in efforts to get at least half way to the San Jose area? Is
this a terrible, foolish, perilous, and/ or unreliable idea?

Thanks

~Spirit