[pct-l] Quilts vs bags

Matt Bradley mattbradley1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:50:23 CST 2007

As a comparison the Western Mountaineering Ultralite Super retails for
around $330 and weighs 26 oz.  The Feathered Friends Hummingbird is about
$315 and weighs in at about the same depending on fabric choice.  The
Nunatak Alpinist (not the arc) is $384 and weighs 21 oz with the lightest
fabric available.  The Arc Alpinist quilt is $362 and weighs a scant 18 oz.
with the .85 fabric.  All of these are excellent quality bags.  I guess you
pay more for the oz savings with the Nunatak.  I have sent and email to
Nunatak requesting info about the availability of Eiderdown and I will post
that info here when I receive a reply.
Peace and Love,
Matt