[pct-l] Sandals

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Mon Mar 5 16:38:26 CST 2007

I recall Donna mentioned a while back that the happiest feet she's seen
arrive there have been ones clad in sandals.  I'm six weeks out from the
start of my hike and I haven't done any work to find the right footwear yet!
Eeek!  I'd really like to explore the sandal option, it makes sense that
there could be many pros over shoes.  Anybody have any suggestions on where
to start?

I have questions like:

A) arch support, since you can't modify it with an insert
B) any issues with exposed toes?  i.e. stubbing on rocks, etc
C) how about cold or wet conditions?

I'm asking a lot of questions on here lately, thanks to everybody for your

Cheers,
Paul