[pct-l] FM Quality: was Re: Mp3 player recommendations?

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Fri Mar 2 14:00:49 CST 2007

The Stiletto also has 2G of storage space to have your own music library
stored on it. It also "Tivos" programs received from Sirius for future
listening.

I'm surprised you couldn't find anything you liked on the Sirius
line-up. Heck- they even have a bluegrass music channel...

I've had Sirius for about three years now. Though I listen mostly to
talk and news, I've found the opposite in that I rarely heard the same
song more than once a day unless it was the current smash hit- then it's
played a couple-three times a day.

But as an alternative to regular radio- especially since radio reception
out on the PCT is spotty at best, non-existent typically, it's an
awesome service that blows away regular radios and MP3 players. Power is
it's Achilles Heal, though. The Stiletto sucks up a lot of juice... the
two batteries it shops with combined only provide about 5-6 hours of
use. That's why I'm looking at solar chargers (read: more weight).

Last weekend, after I ate dinner and settled into my bag, I listened to
the "Radio Classics" channel and heard a couple old broadcasts of "The
Shadow", "Sherlock Holmes" and some gum-shoe detective radio plays as I
went to sleep. Very cool!

Michael  Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE & Partners, Inc. | Architecture + Planning + Interiors
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.3388 | www.mve-architects.com