[pct-l] Echo Lake

JOHN F PATTERSON yuppatt at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 28 11:21:27 CDT 2007

Like so many of you have I hiked up the hill to Echo Lake ( from rte . 50 there , I think it is ) and obeyed the notice on the wall and called the motel asking for a ride into town having come north in a day from Carson Pass . Such a lovely hike that - catching first view of Lake Tahoe ; an Easterner who had never seen it before glimmering off there in the distance . Yet , before I made the call to the motel I dove into the first or lower , Igues , Echo Lake and had a wonderful swim right by the dock . Felt SO good that lovely High Sierra day . While we have had an even optimum year so far here in the Northeast - cool , looooong spring , much sunshine and so far very few , ' triple h ' days , I appreciate keeping current via this site with happenings such as these fires in the West . I read recently - in the NY Times ( this week ) that now 45 % of the Forest Service budget is devoted to fighting fires . Wow . Thank you to all who contribute . Rafter Jack