[pct-l] Trip information

Bulk Mail jmail at afo.net
Tue Jun 19 21:26:49 CDT 2007

My family and  I are planning a backpacking trip thought a portion of
the PCT. My son (14) and I have limited backpacking experience. My
wife and two daughters (16 & 8) have backpacked with us once. Most of
our experience has been in Kansas. We are planning on  starting at
Sonora Pass and going to Markleeville because it is near Stockton
where we will be staying and it seems mostly downhill. We plan on
taking 3 days and two nights. Is the trail well marked? Should I
bring topographical maps? Will it require any orienteering? What are
the likely weather patters in July? Is water available? (we have a
Katadyn combi for water filtration) Are there any considerations that
a Kansan might overlook? I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Kansas Ed
jmail at afo.net