[pct-l] Ad infinitum...

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 09:21:22 CDT 2007

>>Someone mentioned that this thread should perhaps be
>>moved to another discussion forum.  While I understand
>>the point, I disagree.

That someone was me.

I have yet to see one of these discussions stay civil.

Yes, climate change can affect us. But like USFS/BLM policy concerning ranching/timber, immigration,
gun control ad infinitum  (ad nauseum?), it is a large umbrella issue that tends to veer away from
anything to do with the PCT, tends to devolve to political mudslinging and flame wars and makes for
an environment that overwhelms the forum.

As for discussing equipment..well, that's boring, too.  Discussion of equipment is needed to a certain extent,
but discussing wildness vs. wilderness (for example), is more germane to why many of us do these treks.

Well, I said about all I can say. I hope my views may make people pause and decide  whether they really want
to open that (highly flammable) can of worms. I really can't add too much more.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com