[pct-l] Mammoth area loop

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Mon Jun 18 19:01:23 CDT 2007

It has been a while since I hiked in that area,
but here is a suggestion. I don't know the
mileages. Start at Agnew Meadows going north on
the PCT (AKA the High Trail). There are wonderful
views of Ritter, Banner, etc. The PCT and JMT
join just north of Thousand Island Lake if I
remember correctly. Head south on the JMT camping
at Thousand Island Lake or just south of there.
Keep going south to Shadow Lake and camp either
on the east side of Shadow or at Lake Ediza. On
the third day, go to Devil's Postpile or back to Agnew.

Pieces