[pct-l] Permits

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 18 13:16:46 CDT 2007

Speshul wrote:

Hmm this discussion of Permits made me realize that
when I go to finish up the last 260 miles of trail, I
will need a permit.  I guess that a thru permit is no
good.  So does anyone know what permits I'll have to
get to go from Snoqualmie Pass to Canada (other than
the entry permit)?

Most of the areas the trail passes through in that section are self-serve permitted at the trailhead.  In other words, just fill out the form that's available at the trailhead, put one part in the box, and carry the other with you.  I *think* (though I could be wrong) that the place where you'd need to actually pick up a permit from someplace other than the trailhead would be North Cascades National Park, and there's apparently a place in Stehekin that issues those permits.  I don't know if they have quotas or a reservation system, but you could probably find out pretty quickly on the web.

Eric