[pct-l] Wilderness

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 21:19:06 CDT 2007

Hey everybody,

If some serious steps to turn the tide on Global
Warming aren't taken VERY soon, then our wilderness
areas are going to be Severely disrupted/destroyed by
the changes in precipitation patterns, including:
droughts, floods, and severe storms.  Add to that the
loss of species (more than 1/3 of the planets species
will be consigned to extinction by 2050 if the status
quo continues) and the virtual collapse of major
ecosystems that will ensue.

Our wilderness is in far greater danger than simply a
few back country lodges being built or more people
than we would like to see during 'our wilderness
experience' using these areas.  They and thier
inhabitants are at risk of being altered and destroyed
beyond anything we have seen before.

We had better all join the fight to save the planet,
and stop being part of the problem.

--------------Speshul41