[pct-l] the Solitude Log - anyone?

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:54:51 CDT 2007

Unfortunately, the choice isn't merely one of "pristine, untouched
wilderness" vs. "recreational commodity wilderness." Without human
interaction by the legislature (at the urging of folks like The Wilderness
Society <http://www.tws.org/>) and by wilderness-loving landowners, you have
to add "rapacious development" to the list of choices. And because
proponents of the latter option stand to gain financially, they too often
keep fighting until they get their way. Wilderness *will* lose its status
unless we actively work to keep it (relatively) wild.

Cheers,
Carl