[pct-l] JMT permit

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 06:54:02 CDT 2007

Quick? Easy?  hmm I don't know if that is possible.

Heres a thought.  A thru permit is free from the PCTA
if you are a member (or is it $5, I can't remember).
It is good for 500 miles or more on the PCT.  PCT
pretty much = JMT for the whole JMT. The Whitney stamp
may cost $15. This may also allow the PCTA to
demonstrate that there is more "use" occuring and
subsequently help to shake additional money out of the
Government. (I dont know if a greater # of thru
permits issued per year actually helps the PCTA, but
it seems like it would).

just a thought.

----------Speshul 41