[pct-l] Mt Humphrey Expedition PCT Training Expedition

carol bruno carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 13:30:58 CDT 2007

Ha!ha!  Are we still talking about this trip???  Yes, you are revealing a new but very traditional backpacking secret.  I find preparing three months in advance with dinner in fine restaurants (more calories) is really the key.  /can'tquit

Tortoise <Tortoise73 at charter.net> wrote: Shauna and All,

why are you so jealous of Switchback and Meadow Ed's food carrying
technique. By eating their food before hitting the trail they save all
the packaging weight, don't need a bear bag or bear cannister, stove,
pot, etc. They don't leave cooking debris and fire rings behind. They
even get to eat real food instead of the cardboard and sawdust like
stuff most thruhikers eat. Their technique is the traditional way to
carry one's food on long treks dating back to our prehuman ancestors.

And unlike Tom Reynolds, they don't have to cram 2 weeks food into a
bear canister for their week long trip.

In fact, I'm starting to pre-eat for my future trips. I'll be wear
packed by the time I hit the trail!

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>