[pct-l] Dried eggs

Shauna csxii at schizoaffective.org
Fri Jun 8 12:46:38 CDT 2007

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:39:48 EDT, Hikrtoo at aol.com had this to say:

>Received my order of Honeyville dried eggs yesterday.
>
>This morning I scrambled them with bacon bits and salsa.
>
>They were good.
>
>YEMV, Jim

Sounds good.. I've experimented with making my own dried eggs.. I scramble
up a dozen eggs, cook them, break them into small pieces and then put them
in my dehydrator.  I find that they don't absorb a lot of water when
cooked.  I'm not entirely pleased with the results.   Some commercial dried
eggs have a strange sweet taste that I really don't like though.