[pct-l] PacerPoles and Shelter Supports

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 07:12:38 CDT 2007

When I went to the _www.mountainlaureldesigns.com_
(http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com)   site and saw the new bug netting tent, I emailed to the UK
PacerPole site to ask  about a device for making their hiking poles into a shelter
support.  The  MountainLaurel site showed the tent supported by poles and
that is what got me  thinking about this idea.  Here is their reply:

"Yes there is; we make them  here. It's a shaped aluminum section which slots
into the insert holes on the  top of each handle - these insert holes end in
a chisel shape, so once the end  of the link-piece is located in this it can't
rotate. When not in use - the  colored plug can be re-positioned to fill the
hole. The link piece allows the  poles to form a large A-frame when the shafts
are fully extended. Pacerpoles can  be used as tarp/tent supports in the
usual way too."

Let us know if any  queries.  Best regards.
Heather+Alan
Pacerpole Ltd, Windermere UK
You get the PacerPoles here in the  US at _www.ULA-Equipment.com_
(http://www.ULA-Equipment.com) .  I  just thought it was interesting that these hiking
poles can be made into shelter  supports.  I do not know how much they cost or
exactly what the order item  name is.

Your pal, Switchback the Trail  Pirate