[pct-l] fishing in the Sierras?

cmkudija at ca.rr.com cmkudija at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 3 02:06:02 CDT 2007

In 2005 I met a couple from Seattle who were fly-fishing the JMT, and using
either this book
http://www.amazon.com/Trout-Fishing-John-Muir-Trail/dp/1571881883/ref=sr_1_1
/002-9722796-4872822?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180854007&sr=8-1 or this one
http://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Sierra-Nevada-Bill-Sunderland/dp/096525660X/re
f=sr_1_4/002-9722796-4872822?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180853966&sr=8-4  .
Either way, they were successful in early September with catching dinner
and/or breakfast.  Made me a bit jealous, actually...as I ate my mac n
cheese or whatever it was that evening!

There's lots of hungry fish out there.  Go have fun.  No breading
necessary - a bit of wild onion, ghee/butter or olive oil, salt/pepper -
heaven.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but showy,
white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in terminal
or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
                                                               Philip A.
Munz
                                                               A California