[pct-l] request for advice or help (Denis Stanton)

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Fri Jun 1 15:53:55 CDT 2007

Hi Tom

thank you, that's excellent advice. particularly the bit about trying
to get a lift from Horseshoe Meadows that will go south on 395 to
avoid getting stuck in Lone Pine.  I hadn't thought of that, or of it
being easier to get a ride from the trailhead than on 395.

I did consider trying to leave my car at then end of the trail and
hitch to the start.  It would certainly remove the uncertainty and it
would be great to come off the trail straight to my car, but there
are some other considerations for me.  I'll be meeting my son at
Kennedy Meadows and he will have been waiting so I don't want to
spend extra time on the road.  There is also the possibility that I
can't just make the hike up from Kennedy Meadows and have to turn
back.  This would be the worst scenario as I would then have to go
around the road to recover the car.

On 2/06/2007, at 5:56 AM, Tom Bache wrote:

> I did the Horseshoe Meadows to Kennedy Meadows hitch two summers
> ago --
> though I like to leave my car at the end and hitch to the start
> when I'm
> clean (can make it easier to get a ride).  Also has the advantage
> of getting
> the uncertainty out of the way.

Denis Stanton
Auckland